The EWSHAS New Online Aromatherapy Certification Program
Hi Jade, The information for the new ONLINE program is great!! I’ve already started on the course material reading and watching the video. It is so interesting and informative. It is hard for me to put the material down as it is fascinating and I am learning so much already. Thank you for putting this all together! – Michelle (CA)
Jade, I just have to thank you again for putting together such a marvelous course. I am loving every minute of it and wish I could sit and study all day! I am becoming more and more amazed at the healing abilities of essential oils. I am still in the process of balancing out hormonally since my miscarriage and last night made my first aromatherapy bath using lavender, grapefruit, clary sage, lemon, and geranium. It was heavenly. I was so amazed at how much better I felt after that bath – tension and irritability were gone and I was so relaxed. I soon went to bed with a drop of lavender and neroli on a cotton ball near my pillow and had a most restful night of sleep. I wish I could take that bath every night! Your course is changing my life. I feel so much the richer for having these oils as a regular part of my life! – Jessica (CA)
Join us for this multimedia based Aromatherapy certification program. The East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies has worked for over a year to put together one of the best online foundations of aromatherapy program available.
About the EWSHAS On-Line Foundations of Aromatherapy Program. For our new program we have:
- Added new content to existing program
- Extended hours: the program is now over 100 hours of training
- Incorporated extensive video content including prerecorded webinars to support your progress through the program
- Added a facebook group open only to individuals registered for the EWSHAS on-line Foundations of Aromatherapy Certification program
- Included Anatomy and Physiology training specifically designed for the Aromatherapist*
- *Not required for existing healthcare professionals, massage therapists, etc. unless you simply want a review.
- Effectively prepares you for an advanced aromatherapy education with our Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification program.
You will receive access to the Aroma101 Foundations of Aromatherapy On-Line Certification program for LIFE. Yes, for life. So you will be able to keep up to date with any new materials we add to the program.
Tuition only: $500.00
DETAILS ABOUT OUR AROMA101 Foundations of Aromatherapy Certificate Program
The Aroma101: Foundations of Aromatherapy Certificate program has been designed for massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers and individuals interested in exploring aromatherapy and the benefits of essential oils.
Students interested in becoming professionally qualified with the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy and/or the Alliance of International Aromatherapists will want to take this Foundations certificate program before moving into our Aroma201: Advanced Aromatherapy Certification Program. This program covers 40 hours of training.
This is an entry-level class. No previous Aromatherapy training is required! This class can be taken by anyone, but we’ve found that students are primarily interested in:
- Developing a new career in Aromatherapy
- Enhancing an existing health care practice
- Integrating natural remedies into home care self care
- Simply learning more about aromatherapy
As a rapidly growing complementary health care profession, Aromatherapy education offers abundant career opportunities. EWSHAS graduates have gone on to create successful aromatherapy retail businesses, online essential oil and organic body care businesses, botanical perfume businesses, therapeutic product lines, chakra or yoga based lines, sustainable green businesses, web based radio shows, and consultation services.
How do I become certified with the Aroma101: Foundations Aromatherapy Certificate Program?
The Aroma101 Foundations program was established in September of 1991 and was updated and redesigned in 2009. The course is approved by The National Association For Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the WA state Workforce and Training Board.
In order to receive the East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies certification students must:
- Complete all modules in the Aroma101 program.
- Complete 5 case studies on family, friends, self, or existing and willing clients.
- Complete final exam (requested when ready to take).
- Send in final exam and 5 case studies.
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 40 CE Hours for massage therapists.
- Aromatherapy Foundations
- The Holistic Framework
- Essential Oils Study
- The Quality of Essential Oils
- The Therapeutic and Energetic Properties of 20 Essential Oils
- Safety and contraindications
- Aromatic Skincare
- Olfaction and Aroma Psychology
- Methods of Application
- Blending Approaches and Techniques
- Aromatic Treatment Design and Implementation
- Self care and Healthcare with Aromatherapy.
- Basic Chemistry of Essential Oils
- Basic Case study for family, friends and existing healthcare professionals.
- What to do next?
Upon successful completion of Aroma101: Foundations you will be able to:
- Discuss the history of aromatherapy and its modern development.
- Compare and contrast a true essential oil with a fragrance oil.
- Identify key elements in determining the quality of an essential oil.
- Understand and discuss methods of production and the various end products these methods produce.
- Identify the origins and purpose of an essence in a plant.
- Define what an essential oil is and how it is produced.
- Demonstrate knowledge of 20 essential oils, including Latin binomial, safety information, and key therapeutic and/or energetic properties of each individual essential oil.
- Understand current up-to-date information on safety and essential oils.
- Describe the basic physiology of the skin and its key functions.
- Design an effective blend for a basic skincare.
- Describe the basic anatomy & physiology of the sense of smell.
- Specify key parts of the limbic system and their function.
- Create a blend of essential oils for an emotional purpose.
- List and describe various methods of application techniques and delivery systems.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the chemistry of essential oils.
- Design aromatic blends for a range of common household ailments.
- Assess your needs for advanced education in aromatherapy.
- Develop clear career goals and a path to become an Aromatherapist.
You will learn about the following essential oils:
- Clary sage: Salvia sclarea
- Roman Chamomile: Chamaemelum nobile syn. Anthemis nobilis
- Cypress: Cupressus sempervirens
- Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus globulus
- Fennel: Foeniculum vulgare
- Frankincense: Boswellia carteii syn. thurifera
- Geranium: Pelargonium graveolens
- Ginger: Zingiber officinale
- Grapefruit: Citrus paradisi
- Lavender: Lavandula angustifolia
- Lemon: Citrus limon
- Lemongrass: Cymbopogon citratus
- Orange: Citrus sinensis
- Patchouli: Pogostemom cablin
- Peppermint: Mentha x piperita
- Rosemary: Rosmarinus officinalis
- Tangerine/Mandarin: Citrus reticulata
- Tea Tree: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Vetiver: Vetiveria zizanoides
- Ylang ylang: Cananga odorata
Career opportunities for graduates of the Aroma101 Foundations Aromatherapy Certificate Program:
What are East-West School for Herbal and Aromatic Studies graduates doing?
- Creating dynamic therapeutic aromatherapy products and/or organic body care lines
- Designing and creating botanical perfumes
- Establishing on-line website stores selling aromatic and herbal products
- Educating the public and healthcare practitioners about aromatherapy
- Writing articles for aromatherapy magazines, online publications and health magazines
- Integrating aromatherapy into an existing practice to enhance client health
Course Enrollment Information
- The Aroma101 Foundations of Aromatherapy certificate program ONLINE designed and written by Jade Shutes
- Full materia medica profiles on 20 essential oils
- Discounts on additional materials through Lunaroma
- Email/phone tutorial support
- Review of case studies and exam.
- CE hours for massage therapists.
- Issuance of certificate for 40 hours of aromatherapy education.
- Please note: As of July 1, 2013, we are no longer supplying a sample student kit of essential oils. Aroma101 Student kits are available for purchase from: www.lunaroma.com OR www.stillpointaromatics.com
The student kit from Lunaroma includes the following (pricing included) Lunaroma Student kit2011
You will need to purchase additional supplies to complete your case studies if you do not already have supplies. The Aroma101 Foundations kit is available from www.lunaroma.com or www.stillpointaromatics.com and will cost an additional $300 to $500 depending on size of essential oils chosen. See kits information above.
A discount is offered when the Aroma101 and Aroma201 certification programs are ordered together. Total tuition for both courses is: $1750.00 That’s a savings of $250!
Payment plans are available. Initial deposit of $575. is required. And then payment options as follows: 2 payments of $590.00. each or 3 payments of $402. Payment scheduled to be agreed upon at time of registration. PLEASE EMAIL US AT: INFO@THEIDA.COM to register with this special offer.
Anyone may register for this class. No previous Aromatherapy training is required.
Tuition only: $500.00